The Senceive Tiltmeter FTP Import Connection allows the user to send files from the Senceive app through a file transfer protocol (FTP) to the Sensemetrics app. The user can then add an import connection within the Sensemetrics app to store and visualize data. This article will guide the user through the configuration of the Senceive WebMonitor FTP Upload configuration and the addition of the import connection on the Senceive app.
Sensemetrics FTP Information
The first step in the process of the Senceive connection is to retrieve the FTP connection credentials from the Sensemetrics app.
1. Within the Sensemetrics app, click on the Documents module along the upper modules bar.
2. Click on the FTP tab on the left side of the Documents module.
3. Click on the "Settings" cog wheel on the upper-right side of the screen. A pop-up window like the screenshot displayed below will appear. Record this data, as it will be utilized in the next steps configuring the FTP within Senceive. The color-coded boxes can be used to assist the user during the "URL Format" step in the next section.
The next steps will guide the user in setting up the FTP upload within the Senceive app. Start by logging into the Senceive project.
1. Click on the Configuration tab on the upper selection bar.
2. Enable FTP Uploads: Select the check box to enable FTP.
3. Recipient System: Select "CSV with Temperature" as the file format to use for the FTP.
4. Timestamps in Uploaded File: Select "in-Site Time with DST Offset".
5. Destination URL: The URL will require several steps for proper formatting.
The basic format for the URL is : ftp://Sensemetricsusername:Sensemetricspassword@transfer.sensemetrics.engineering/./Sensemetricsusername/path
Select the proper URL start from the following options: ftp:// for FTP, ftps:// for Implicit FTPS, or ftpes:// for Explicit FTPS. Input the alphanumeric SensemetricUsername and Sensemetricspassword strings retrieved from the Sensemetrics app and separate them with a colon (:). Follow this string with an "@" and then input the Sensemetrics host address, transfer.sensemetrics.engineering. Separate the host address from the destination with "/./", and then input the SensemetricUsername again. Add a path after the destination, which will create a new folder within the FTP file on the Sensemetrics app. For example, a "/path" input of "/Tilt" at the end of the URL will Create a new folder called “Tilt” within the Sensemetrics app.
6. Upload Interval: Input how often you would like the Senceive data to be uploaded to Sensemetrics.
7. Click "Update FTP Upload Configuration" to save these configurations.
Adding the Import Connection
After completing the Senceive configuration, navigate back to the FTP section of the Documents module. If the Senceive configuration was set up correctly, a new folder will be listed within FTP with data being pushed into the folder, and you can proceed to the next step. The example below includes a folder pathway configured as "/Tilt". If the file path that was configured is not displayed, confirm the Senceive configuration is correct. Please reach out to Sensemetrics support if you are still experiencing difficulty with the setup.
1. Navigate to the Data Module.
2. Select the "Import" section.
3. Create a new Import profile by clicking "+Add Profile", name it whatever you'd like and change the sharing to "project-wide".
4. Import Mode: Select "Automated" for import type.
5. Documents: Select the file path of the Sensemetrics FTP folder that was created in the previous step from dropdown selection.
6. File Format: If not automatically selected, click the "Pre-Defined" checkbox. From the dropdown option, select "Senceive Tiltmeter".
7. Time Zone: Select the time zone data stamp of the Senceive data.
8. Click the "Start Automated Imports" to create the import connection device.
Connection and Sensors
Navigate to the Connectivity page. Within the "Connections" tab on the left, a Senceive Tiltmeter connection should be added. Within the "Devices and Sensors" tab on the right, a Device will be added for every Tiltmeter on the Senceive project. Each of these Devices will have battery, temperature, and tiltmeter Sensors. Congratulations, you have completed the set-up of your tiltmeter import connection!