Schneider ALTIVAR 630 VFD Configuration
Prior to connecting the ALTIVAR VFD to Sensemetrics devices and the app platform, the ALTIVAR VFD settings must be configured to ensure proper communication of the device with Sensemetrics. The following steps will aid the user in properly configuring the device.
- Use the LCD control panel to configure the device.
- From the Main menu of the control panel, navigate to the "Communication" tab and press "OK".
- Once in the "Communication" tab, you should be on the "Communication Parameters" tab. Click "OK" again.
- Navigate to the "Modbus SL" option and click "OK".
- Navigate to the "Modbus Fieldbus" option and click "OK".
- Within the "Modbus Fieldbus", ensure that the settings are as follows:
- Modbus Direc.- 1
- Modbus Transmission Rate- 19200 Bd
- Modbus Format- 8 to 1
- Modbus Wait Time- 15.0 s
- If there is an additional parameter called "Word Order Terms", turn this selection to "Off".
- Press "ESC" until you have navigated back to the main menu.
- Power the VFD off for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, turn the VFD back on and the device will be configured and ready to add to the Sensemetrics app.
Adding the Sensor
Ensure that the THREAD is turned on and that the VFD is connected to the Thread via one of the Thread Device ports.
1. Navigate to the Connectivity Module.
2. Press the button directly on a THREAD to add a Device to it. If your THREAD does not appear here, you may still need to Add Your THREAD as a Connection.
3. You may also add a device from the button in the Devices & Sensors Section.
4. Begin by typing in "Schneider" and select the name Schneider ALTIVAR 630 once it autocompletes in the search box.
5. Type in the Connect Code of the THREAD that the Device is connected to. It will already be pre-filled if the button on the THREAD was used in step 2.
6. Select the THREAD communication port that the device is plugged into, Device 1, 2, or 3.
7. Click the Next button in order to save settings.
Device Edit Configuration
The next page you will be directed to allows the user to edit certain settings and sensor information.
8. The user can change the sampling interval for the sensor with options between 60 seconds-60 minutes.
9. The user can change the sensor's name which will become the sensor name displayed across the application.
10. The user can input the sensor's location and elevation. This location information will allow the sensor to be displayed within the Spatial mapping feature.
11. Notes can be added here.
12. After changes have been made on this page, click the apply button to save the Sensor Configuration changes. After saving, the Turbidity Sensor will now be displayed in the "Devices & Sensor" window on the Connectivity page.