Field Camera Overview
The Field camera is an easy to deploy solution for monitoring site activities, asset performance, sensor measurement visual verification, or continuous image capture for change detection analysis. Low power operation and a wide operating temperature range make the camera ideally suited for installation in harsh environments. The Field camera can be installed via any Thread port.
Adding a Sensemetrics Field Camera
Ensure that the THREAD is turned on and that the field camera is connected to the Thread via one of the Thread Device ports.
1. Navigate to the Connectivity Module.
2. Press the button directly on a THREAD to add a Device to it. If your THREAD does not appear here, you may still need to Add Your THREAD as a Connection.
3. You may also add a device from the button in the Devices & Sensors Section.
4. Begin by typing in "Field Camera" and select the name once it autocompletes in the search box.
5. Type in the Connect Code of the THREAD that the Device will be connected on. It will already be pre-filled if the button on the THREAD was used.
6. Select the THREAD communication port that the device is plugged into, Device 1, 2, or 3.
7. Click the Next button in order to save settings.
Configuring the Device
After adding the Field Camera using the steps above, the user will be taken to the "Edit Configuration" page for the Device. This page can be navigated back to at any time by clicking on the Device in the "Devices and Sensors" tab on the Connectivity page, and then clicking "Edit Configuration" on the left side of the window.
8. TAKE PHOTO NOW- The camera is configured by default to take a photo when the Thread wakes up or on the set sampling interval. Selecting the Take Photo Now option triggers a photo immediately. The Thread and Camera must be online with a green icon for this function to work.
9. DEVICE NAME- Users can modify the Device Name. This will change the name of the device that populates across the platform.
10. LOCATION- The Lat, Long and Elevation can be entered here.
Note: Whatever information that is entered here will determine where the sensors populate when using a Georeference Spatial profile.
11. NOTES- Notes for the sensor can be added here.
12. Apply your changes.