The VisioTurb 700 sensor is intended to be set up using a YSI IQ Sensornet. Prior to adding the sensor to the Sensemetrics platform, ensure that the Sensornet is powered, the VisioTurb is connected to the Sensornet and properly configured, and that the IQ Sensornet is connected to a Thread port via the connect cable.
Adding the Sensor
Ensure that the THREAD is turned on and that the YSI IQ Sensornet is connected to the Thread via one of the Thread Device ports.
1. Navigate to the Connectivity Module.
2. Press the button directly on a THREAD to add a Device to it. If your THREAD does not appear here, you may still need to Add Your THREAD as a Connection.
3. You may also add a device from the button in the Devices & Sensors Section.
4. Begin by typing in "YSI" and select the name VisioTurb 700 Turbidity once it autocompletes in the search box.
5. Type in the Connect Code of the THREAD that the Device is connected to. It will already be pre-filled if the button on the THREAD was used in step 2.
6. Select the THREAD communication port that the device is plugged into, Device 1, 2, or 3.
7. Click the Next button in order to save settings.
The next page you will be directed to allows the user to edit certain settings and sensor information.
8. The user can change the sampling interval for the sensor with options between 60 seconds-60 minutes.
9. The user can change the sensor's name which will become the sensor name displayed across the application.
10. The user can input the sensor's location and elevation. This location information will allow the sensor to be displayed within the Spatial mapping feature.
11. Notes can be added here.
12. After changes have been made on this page, click the apply button to save the Sensor Configuration changes. After saving, the Turbidity Sensor will now be displayed in the "Devices & Sensor" window on the Connectivity page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.