Adding the Device
Ensure that the THREAD is turned on and that the LevelTROLL is connected to the Thread via one of the Thread Device ports.
1. Navigate to the Connectivity Module.
2. Press the button directly on a THREAD to add a Device to it. If your THREAD does not appear here, you may still need to Add Your THREAD as a Connection.
3. You may also add a device from the button in the Devices & Sensors Section.
4. Begin by typing in "In-Situ" and select the "LevelTroll" name once it autocompletes in the search box.
5. Type in the Connect Code of the THREAD that the Device will be connected to. It will already be pre-filled if the button on the THREAD was used in step 2.
6. Select the THREAD communication port that the device is plugged into, Device 1, 2, or 3.
7. Click the Next button in order to save settings.
Edit Device Configuration
The next page you will be directed to allows the user to edit certain settings and sensor information.
8. Input the model number of the LevelTroll you are installing.
9. Input the Serial Number of the device.
10. The user can change the sampling interval for the sensor with dropdown options between 60 seconds-60 minutes.
11. The user can change the sensor's name which will become the sensor name displayed across the application.
12. The user can input the sensor's location and elevation. This location information will allow the sensor to be displayed within the Spatial mapping feature.
13. Notes can be added here.
14. After changes have been made on this page, click the apply button to save the Sensor Configuration changes. You will then be directed back to the "Connectivity" page where a Level Troll sensor will be populated below the device in the "Devices & Sensors" window.
Configuring the Sensor
Click the LevelTroll Sensor on the "Connectivity" page, and navigate to the "Edit Configuration" page on the left to access the Sensor Configuration.
1. Zero Values- Clicking on the icon will open the "Configure Zero Reference" window, as illustrated below. The sensor can be configured using the R0 and S0 values found on the calibration record provided with the sensor. The "Zero from date" can also be used to configure the sensor using recorded data closest to the date input. Clicking will save your changes and take you back to the main configuration page.
2. Barometric Reference Sensor- Click the button below the "Barometric Reference Sensor" to open the sensor selection window. Click the "drop-down" to select the Diagnostic Pressure sensor to use for the calibration of the sensor being configured. Selecting will save your changes and take you back to the main configuration page.
*Note: Be sure that the pressure sensor you are using for barometric reference has a sampling interval that matches that of the LevelTroll or else plotting of engineering values will be affected in your graph.
3. Reference Date- The reference date will specify the first date used when calculating delta metrics indicated with the ∆. Specify the Reference date to use ∆ Delta calculations.
4. Collar Elevation- The ground elevation at the well collar.
5. Sensor Depth- The depth of the sensor relative to the collar elevation.
6. SENSOR NAME- Users can modify the Device Name. This will change the name of the device that populates across the webpage.
7. SERIAL NUMBER- Users can enter the serial number of the device.
8. LOCATION- The Lat, Long and Elevation can be entered here.
Note: Whatever information that is entered here will determine where the sensors populate when using a Georeference Spatial profile.
9. NOTES- Notes for the sensor can be added here.
10. APPLY- Click apply to save your changes.