Adding the Device
Ensure that the THREAD is turned on and that the AquaTROLL is connected to the Thread via one of the Thread Device ports.
1. Navigate to the Connectivity Module.
2. Press the button directly on a THREAD to add a Device to it. If your THREAD does not appear here, you may still need to Add Your THREAD as a Connection.
3. You may also add a device from the button in the Devices & Sensors Section.
4. Begin by typing in "In-Situ" and select the name once it autocompletes in the search box.
5. Type in the Connect Code of the THREAD that the Device will be connected to. It will already be pre-filled if the button on the THREAD was used in step 2.
6. Select the THREAD communication port that the device is plugged into, Device 1, 2, or 3.
7. Click the Next button in order to save settings.
Edit Device Configuration
The next page you will be directed to allows the user to edit certain settings and sensor information.
8. The user can change the sampling interval for the sensor with options between 60 seconds-60 minutes.
9. The user can change the sensor's name which will become the sensor name displayed across the application.
10. The user can input the sensor's location and elevation. This location information will allow the sensor to be displayed within the Spatial mapping feature.
11. Notes can be added here.
12. After changes have been made on this page, click the apply button to save the Sensor Configuration changes. You will then be directed back to the "Connectivity" page where a Pressure sensor will be populated below the Aqua Troll.
Configuring the Sensor
The Pressure Sensor will need additional configuration for calculated data. Click the Pressure Sensor on the "Connectivity" page to access the Sensor Configuration.
1. REFERENCE DATE - The reference date will specify the first date used when calculating delta metrics indicated with the ∆. Specify the Reference date to use ∆ Delta calculations.
2. COLLAR ELEVATION- Collar Elevation is the elevation of the top of the well the AquaTROLL is installed in.
Specify the Collar Elevation along with Sensor Depth to plot "Elevation of H20" in the graphing module. (Collar Elevation will default to 0 if nothing is specified)
3. SENSOR DEPTH- Sensor Depth is the distance between the Collar Elevation and where the AquaTROLL is installed.
Use this along with Collar Elevation to plot "Elevation of H20".
4. SENSOR NAME- Users can modify the Device Name. This will change the name of the device that populates across the webpage.
5. SERIAL NUMBER- Users can enter the serial number of the device.
6. SAMPLING INTERVAL- Users can change the sampling frequency from 60 seconds-60 minutes.
7. LOCATION- The Lat, Long and Elevation can be entered here.
Note: Whatever information that is entered here will determine where the sensors populate when using a Georeference Spatial profile.
8. NOTES- Notes for the sensor can be added here.
9. SAVE- Click save to apply your changes.