Adding the Sensor
Ensure that the THREAD is turned on and that the VW interface is connected to the Thread via one of the Thread Device ports.
1. Navigate to the Connectivity Module.
2. Press the button directly on a THREAD to add a Device to it. If your THREAD does not appear here, you may still need to Add Your THREAD as a Connection.
3. You may also add a device from the button in the Devices & Sensors Section.
4. Begin by typing in "Geokon 8960" and select the name once it autocompletes in the search box.
5. Type in the Connect Code of the THREAD that the Device will be connected to. It will already be pre-filled if the button on the THREAD was used in step 2.
6. Select the THREAD communication port that the device is plugged into, Device 1, 2, or 3.
7. Click the Next button in order to save settings.
Configuring the Device
After the device has been added in the steps above, you will be directed directly to the sensor configuration page.
1. VW CHANNEL INFORMATION/EDIT CHANNEL- Users can specify the sampling interval of the sensors. Clicking will open the pop-up window seen below. This will allow you to configure the sensor type that you are connecting using the interface.
2. SAMPLING INTERVAL- A dropdown option that allows the user to select sampling intervals between 60 seconds-60 minutes.
3. DEVICE NAME- Users can modify the Device Name. This will change the name of the device that populates across the webpage.
4. LOCATION- The Lat, Long and Elevation can be entered here.
Note: Whatever information that is entered here will determine where the sensors populate when using a Georeference Spatial profile.
5. NOTES- Notes for the sensor can be added here.
6. SAVE- After changes have been made on this page, click the SAVE button to save the Sensor Configuration changes. After saving, the configured sensor will now be displayed in the "Devices & Sensor" window on the Connectivity page.