Wiring the Sensor
The Thread connection cable will need to be wired into the Badger Meter in order for the Badger Meter to be connected to a Thread. The below instructions will walk the user through the wiring process.
The below image illustrates the wiring for the M-2000 flow meter.
Adding the Sensor
Ensure that the THREAD is turned on and that the flow meter is connected to the Thread via one of the Thread Device ports.
1. Navigate to the Connectivity Module.
2. Press the button directly on a THREAD to add a Device to it. If your THREAD does not appear here, you may still need to Add Your THREAD as a Connection.
3. You may also add a device from the button in the Devices & Sensors Section.
4. Begin by typing in "Badger Meter" and selecting "Badger Meter M Series" once it autocompletes in the search box.
5. Type in the Connect Code of the THREAD that the Device is connected to. It will already be pre-filled if the button on the THREAD was used in step 2.
6. Select the THREAD communication port that the device is plugged into, Device 1, 2, or 3.
7. Click the Next button in order to save settings. The front display on the device should power up and LEDs should be visibly lit on the motherboard. Navigate to the Main Menu > Communication > Port B Settings of the M-2000 Flow Meter.
Once in the Port B settings page, confirm the following parameters:
- Port address = 001
- Baud Rate = 9600
- Data bits = 8
- Parity = Even
- Stop Bits = 1
After completing these steps, navigate to the connectivity page and delete the flow meter device. Re-complete steps 1-7 to re-install the device. You can then move on to Edit configuration steps below. Note: If this step is not completed, the device may not report readings on the application.
The next page you will be directed to allows the user to edit certain settings and sensor information.
8. The user can change the sampling interval for the sensor with options between 60 seconds-60 minutes.
9. The user can change the sensor's name which will become the sensor name displayed across the application.
10. The user can input the sensor's location and elevation. This location information will allow the sensor to be displayed within the Spatial mapping feature.
11. Notes can be added here.
12. After changes have been made on this page, click the apply button to save the Sensor Configuration changes. After saving, the Sensor will now be displayed in the "Devices & Sensor" window on the Connectivity page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.