Adding a Geokon Tiltbeam
Ensure that the THREAD is turned on and that the tiltbeam is connected to the Thread via one of the Thread Device ports.
1. Navigate to the Connectivity Module.
2. Press the button directly on a THREAD to add a Device to it. If your THREAD does not appear here, you may still need to Add Your THREAD as a Connection.
3. You may also add a device from the button in the Devices & Sensors Section.
4. Begin by typing in "Geokon Tiltbeam" and select the name once it autocompletes in the search box.
5. Type in the Connect Code of the THREAD that the Device will be connected to. It will already be pre-filled if the button on the THREAD was used.
6. Select the THREAD communication port that the device is plugged into, Device 1, 2, or 3.
7. Click the Next button in order to save settings.
Configuring the Device
Navigate to the Sensor Configuration page by clicking on the newly populated Geokon Tiltbeam in the "Devices and Sensors" tab and then clicking "Edit Configuration" on the left side of the window.
1. SEGMENT INFORMATION- Click on the "Edit Configuration" button to navigate to the window that will allow you to configure the number of sensor segments and input the segment serial numbers, illustrated below.
2. SAMPLING INTERVAL- Users can specify the sampling interval of the sensors.
3. DEVICE NAME- Users can modify the Device Name. This will change the name of the device that populates across the webpage.
4. LOCATION- The Lat, Long and Elevation can be entered here.
Note: Whatever information that is entered here will determine where the sensors populate when using a Georeference Spatial profile.
5. NOTES- Notes for the sensor can be added here.
6. Apply your changes.
Configuring the Sensors
Once configured, the Tiltbeam segments will populate beneath the Geookon Tiltbeam Device and can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow. Each sensor can be configured by clicking on it. This will bring you to the sensor details page. Clicking "Edit Configuration" will allow the user to access additional configuration details in the screen below.
1. REFERENCE DATE - ∆
The reference date will specify the first date used when calculating delta metrics indicated with the ∆
Specify the Reference date to use ∆ Delta calculations.
2. DEVICE AZIMUTH - Northing/Easting
The IPI does not inherently know North/East. In order for North/East to be correctly represented, you will need to specify the device azimuth. This input can be calculated by measuring the angle from North to the Reference indicator in a clockwise direction.
Reference Indicator - The Y Axis represents the sensors Reference Indicator (Shown below)
Specify the Sensor Azimuth to use Northing/Easting calculations
3. STRUCTURE AZIMUTH
This input will allow you to orient the Transverse/Longitudinal Axis in any desired direction. It is useful for finding movement in the direction of a specific structure or any point of reference. See the Structure Azimuth Section on instructions on how to properly set it up.
Specify the Structure Azimuth to use Transverse/Longitudinal calculations.
4. GAUGE LENGTH
Enter the length of the structure you wish to extrapolate tilt over to calculate a displacement at to top. This will use trig calculations with the Tilt X/Y angles to create a X/Y Vector at the top of the structure.
Specify the Structure Height to use X/Y calculations and allow vectors in Map View.
Click "Apply" to save the sensor configuration and be navigated back to the connectivity page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.