The Worldsensing CMT Cloud MQTT connection supports the connection and transfer of data from CMT Could into the Sensemetrics platform.
For information about Worldsensing gateways and loggers and the sensors compatible with each, please visit our Partner Device Registry.
This article will guide the user in setting up the Worldsensing CMT Edge to Sensemetrics MQTT connection.
CMT Edge Setup
Loadsensing gateway and device configuration is performed through the CMT Edge application. Set up all projects and devices within the CMT Edge application. Please contact Worldsensing support with any questions regarding CMT Edge login or Gateway and Device configuration.
Setting Up CMT Edge MQTT Push
MQTT Push will need to be enabled within CMT Edge.
1. Click "Configuration" on the upper menu portion of the CMT Edge platform.
2. Click "MQTT push" on the dropdown options.
3. Configure The MQTT push page with the same inputs as the image below. ClientID will be automatically filled in by the application. For the password input, reach out to Bentley Support.
Once configuration is complete, click "Save configuration" at the end of the page.
Retrieving CMT Edge Data
Once configured, the connection is ready to be set up in Sensemetrics. There are a few pieces of information to gather from the CMT Edge site for input into the Sensemetrics setup.
1. Network ID- The Network ID can be located within the Networks page of the CMT Edge application.
2. Gateway ID- The Gateway ID can be found by navigating to the Status Bar and clicking on the Gateway Status. The Gateway ID will be listed in the following page.
3. Username- Collect the username used for logging into CMT Edge application.
4. Password- Collect the password used for logging into CMT Edge application.
Sensemetrics CMT Edge Connection
With the information gathered from the Edge application, the Edge connection in Sensemetrics can be set up.
1. Within the application, begin by navigating to the Connectivity Module.
2. Click on the "+Connection" icon.
3. Select Worldsensing from the available Connections list on the left sidebar.
4. Click the "Select" icon on the CMT Edge (via MQTT) tile.
5. Network ID- Input the Network ID from step 1 of the previous section.
6. Gateway ID- Input the Gateway ID retrieved in step 2 of the previous section.
7. Username- Input your CMT Edge username used for logging into the application, outlined previously in step 3.
8. Password- Input your CMT Edge password used for logging into the application, outlined previously in step 4.
Click "Next" once all information has been input. Click "Apply" in the following "Edit Configuration" page of the connection. This will direct the user back to the Connectivity page. Once complete, Devices and Sensors will begin populating within the Connectivity module and observations will begin streaming from CMT Edge.