Import allows you to upload and append historical data to newly automated sensors. Upload multiple sensors of the same type simultaneously from a single .CSV file. Import allows you to attach previously collected data to a Sensemetrics configured sensor or associate it with a dummy sensor to simply view the non-automated or historical data.
This article will cover the following topics:
How to Import from the Data Module
1. Navigate to File Import by clicking on the data module on the top-left side of the screen.
2. Select import from the available data options.
3. Choose File: Click the button to open a file explorer and select the desired .CSV or .DAT file. The file will then be pre-loaded and previewed at the bottom.
4. Select the correct column headers for your data: Every sensor will have certain fields that are required for data upload. These are the raw data values that make up a data point for that particular sensor. Sensor name and date are required for every sensor, the rest will depend on the sensor type.
Note: If the file has a header row containing titles, be sure to check the "This file contains a header row" box.
Match each column with the field it represents. Establish the column that is the sensor ID (Name) first. This will then search the column for different sensors and list them out to be mapped to Sensemetrics configured sensors.
5. Map Sensors: Each sensor in the .CSV or .DAT file will need to be matched to a sensor in Sensemetrics or excluded from the import.
Every sensor name listed in the file will now be shown in the "External Sensor" column. Click the Sensor Selection Tool to choose which iTwin configured sensor the data will be appended to.
6. If you choose to exclude data from a sensor listed in the .CSV file, click the to turn it into an and it will not be uploaded.
7. Specify the timezone the data was recorded in. This will ensure the time stamp of each reading is correct.
Note: If you are trying to import data that is not associated with a Sensemetrics automated sensor, you will need to create an "Import Sensor" to attach the data to.
8. Finish mapping columns: Now that iTwin knows what type of sensor you are importing, it will autofill the metrics that are required to create data in the database. Map each column to the metric it represents and choose the units it is recorded in.
Make sure to have a column selected for every field required to create that particular type of sensor.
Any extra columns within your file that do not match the required metrics will need to be excluded. Click the above the column to turn it to an and exclude it.
9. Upload Data: Once every sensor has been mapped to one in Sensemetircs and every column entry has been identified, you are now ready to upload. Select the button and a message will appear notifying you when the import was successful.
Adding Single Observations
Users can also upload a single data point or manually collected observation for some sensors. This section will guide the user on how to upload a single observation to a sensor.
1. Connectivity Module- Navigate to the Connectivity module on the left of the screen in the Module navigation bar.
2. Sensor Selection- Find the sensor to upload an observation to from the Devices & Sensors portion of the Connectivity module. Select the sensor by clicking on the name.
3. Upload Observation- In the upper right portion of the Sensor Details page, click on the "+Upload Observation" icon.
4. Observation Input- A pop-up window will open allowing the user to input an observation for the sensor in a raw data format. The date stamp of the observation will be pinned to the time of input on the user's computer. The raw data metric can be changed, if applicable, on the right side of the input window. When the data has been input, click "Upload". The data will be available for viewing in the Data module.