Ensure that the THREAD is turned on and connected to the Total Station via one of its Device ports.
1. Navigate to the Connectivity Module
2. Press the button directly on a THREAD to add a Device to it. If your THREAD does not appear here, you may still need to Add Your THREAD as a Connection.
3. You may also add a device from the button in the Devices and Sensors section.
4. Begin by typing in "Leica Total Station" and select the name once it autocompletes in the search box (example to the right).
5. Type in the Connect Code of the THREAD that the Device will be connected to. It will already be pre-filled if the button on the THREAD was used.
6. Next, select the THREAD communication port that the device is plugged into, Device 1 or 2.
7. Then, select the Interface Type. The options are USB or RS232, select the proper type in relation to what your instrument is using.
8. Select the Baud rate of the total station (Default is 115200 for newer AMTS and 9600 for older AMTS)
Note: Matching baud rate's between the instrument and the THREAD are required for proper communication.
*If baud rate is unknown, select one at random and press save. This will power on the AMTS allowing you to manually find the baud rate setting on the total station
9. Here you can toggle the power supplied to the instrument and at what voltage (12V or 15V).
NOTE: During the original creation of the Leica instrument connection these values cannot be changed.
10. Press Save.
11. Once the connection is saved, return to the configuration page of the connection and take note of the info provided in "Proxy TCP Address" and "Host Address". This will be used when setting up communication in GeoMoS.
12. In GeoMoS, set up communication to the AMTS using the following settings:
13. Test communication to the Total station in GeoMoS to verify the connection was successful. If the connection is unsuccessful, make sure that the instrument is powered and the baud rates match.