This article will cover the following topics on the Campbell Scientific AVW200
- Adding an AVW200 to an Existing THREAD. This configures the THREAD to communicate directly with the AVW200.
- MUX Configuration Specify the type of MUX's connected to the AVW200 and then the vibrating wires connected to each of the mux's channels.
Adding an AVW200
Ensure that the THREAD is turned on and connected to the AVW200 via one of it's Device ports.
1. Navigate to the Connectivity Module
2. Press the button directly on a THREAD to add a Device to it. If your THREAD does not appear here, you may still need to Add Your THREAD as a Connection.
3. You may also add a device from the button in the Devices & Sensors section.
4. Begin by typing in "AVW200" and select the name once it autocompletes in the search box
5. Type in the Connect Code of the THREAD that the Device will be connected to. It will already be pre-filled if the button on the THREAD was used.
6. Next, select the THREAD communication port that the device is plugged into, Device 1 or 2.
7. Press to move to the next page.
The AVW200 will now need to be configured to host either a MUX or directly connected vibrating wire to each of the 2 channels. The Vibrating Wire Channels will then need to be configured to the specific VW you are using.
If you have exited device configuration, click back into the AVW200 by finding it in the Devices & Sensors list on the right hand side of Network. This will open the Device configuration settings.
1. Click the drop down to set channels of the AVW200 to matching connected device. Select off if nothing is connected.
2. Click the "Edit Multiplexer" button under Channel Configuration Information. Select the type of vibrating wire that is on each channel and the suggested Frequency Sweep will be automatically filled in.
Click "Done" when finished.
3. Repeat the steps above for channel 2 of the AVW200. Click "save" to write the settings.
Vibrating Wire Sensors
Once saved, the configured vibrating wire sensors will populate beneath the AVW200 Device and can be viewed by clicking the drop down arrow. Sensors will be named according to which Mux and which channel it is configured on respectively.
Additional calibration factors will need to be entered for some types of vibrating wires, see the Vibrating Wire article for details.